Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Springer Mountain Farms Chicken

Off season for wrestlers means its time get big. Making up for the 5 months of harsh, restrictive dieting by lifting weights and training 6 days a week to rebuild what was lost during the grueling season. to stay fueled up and full I eat tons of chicken, and before we started this unit for class i didnt give the quality of the meat much thought at all. But recently I started seeing adds for Springer Mountain Farms Chicken. Springer Moutnain is the most humanely operated chicken farm in the U.S., if not the universe. As their website states: "We are the only poultry company in the world to be American Humane Certified by the American Humane Association." I thought this was awesome so I decided to give their chicken a try. I've already finished a pack of their chicken breasts this week, and I have to say thats some damn good chicken. Hers the link to their website if you want to check it out. http://www.springermountainfarms.com/

5 comments:

  1. That's really neat, Robbie! I put in my zipcode and there are a trillion grocery stores really close to all of us that sell Springer Mtn. Chicken. However, it didn't mention any prices, which makes me slightly suspicious... were they reasonable?
    -Taylor H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the Toco Hills Kroger on North Druid hills road a pack of 6 springer mountain farm chicken breasts were 8.99, the same price a the major national brands for the same amount of chicken.

    -robbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding useful stuff like this! I actually just bought a pack at that exact Kroger (after reading this of course), and am making dinner for my family tomorrow. I'll have to let you know how it is. Thanks!
    -Taylor Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats awesome! Glad I could help Taylor.

    -Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the info. I love chicken like none other (and all meat for that matter), so it's good to know I don't have to sacrifice that at the expense of animal cruelty and ingesting unwanted antibiotics and stuff. It's also good to know it itsn't expensive.

    -Mason

    ReplyDelete